Steps to Become an NSPL Coach Spring Season 2022
Step 1: Submit the Coach Registration form found HERE.
Step 2: Once you receive confirmation from a division head that you have been selected to coach, continue to the ACE certification steps below.
This year ALL coaches will be required to be USA Softball/ACE certified. This is a three-step process that is not as daunting as it initially seems and can all be done from your computer. You will need to complete a background check, Safe Sport training and ACE training.
- Before beginning the certification steps below, be sure to reach out to the head of the division in which you would like to coach to make sure there is a spot. The number of coaches needed in each division changes from year to year.
- Click here to register at USA Softball
- Begin the Background Check process by entering all required information.
- If you do not see the PURCHASE now button under background checks - click the submit a help ticket in the upper right-hand corner - it is glitch many have been experiencing. (emailing does not work as well)
- Request the Background with ACE Exam - it is $28
- Once your background check has cleared you can submit your Safe Sport and ACE training. FYI - Safe Sport will ask you for your USA # - it is the membership # under your name on the USA Softball site.
- After completion of all three steps, you will receive an email with the subject "Congratulations on becoming ACE Educated" and a badge that is required for all coaches.
- The badge will say Volunteer Coach Educated ACE Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3 depending on how many years you have been completing your ACE training.
- Please forward the completion email to Safety@nsplsoftball.com and your division head
- Links to helpful information are below
- If you have any questions or problems with the process, please contact Safety@nsplsoftball.com
There has been a problem with the national office receiving cards to print the member id cards. Your card may take several weeks to arrive.
Coaches must have their badge visible at ALL games and practices. Neck lanyards will be provided.
REMINDER: A person can be head coach of only one (1) team within NSPL. If needed, a person can be an assistant coach for an additional team within NSPL, with approval by Board of Directors. Please reach out to the division head(s) to request approval. Please note no special scheduling considerations will be given.
Juniors and Seniors divisions are assigned One (1) head coach and up to (2) assistant coaches before the draft. Majors Division only One (1) head coach and one (1) assistant coach are assigned to a team before the draft. After the teams are drafted a third coach may be added.
No coach will be assigned to a team unless these certifications are complete - regardless of past coaching.
Information for Coaches
USA Softball (formerly the Amateur Softball Association (ASA) and ASA/USA Softball) is the governing body for the United States national softball team. In addition, it oversees more than 150,000 amateur teams nationwide.